Senior Health and Safety Consultant
As a Work Health and Safety Consultant with a background as a Health and Safety Professional built from over 27 years of practical experience. He has worked for a number of Local Councils, ENERGEX and TOLL IPEC providing advice and assistance through the provision of compliance audits and WHS training sessions.
During this time Mark also assisted with WHS policy and procedure, development and deployment across a range of administrative, construction and maintenance occupations. as a Health and Safety Consultant he also developed and delivered a variety of Occupational training courses including the QLD 30215 “Construction Blue Card”; Fire Safety Adviser and as an assessor for the operation of various construction, crane and maintenance equipment.
As part of the team of Work Health and Safety Consultants, Mark constantly keeps abreast of the current legislation and associated technical standards to better inform clients of SMS improvements or alterations to not only maintain compliance but to lead these businesses towards best practice. Also having worked in a range of large businesses he has built on his experiences to better offer reasonable Health & Safety advice.
- Graduate Diploma of OHS – CQU
- Graduate Certificate Risk Management – UNSW
- Certificate of Mechanical Engineering – Victoria TAFE
- Diploma Workplace Training & Assessment
- Safety Management Systems Auditor – Lead
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
Work Health and Safety Consultant Memberships
– Provide work health and safety consultant services across a range of audiences.
– Assist in the implementation of programs and initiatives to drive improvements in Health & Safety practices and performance.
– Review and monitor Health and Safety risk management strategies to ensure continuous improvement in business operations.
– Safety Audit Health and Safety work procedures to relevant legislative requirements.
– Conduct incident investigations, determine root cause of and factors contributing to, work accidents/injuries/illnesses and dangerous occurrences and recommend preventative strategies.
– Deliver Corporate Health and Safety education programs for Managers and workers.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.
What is a Work Health and Safety Consultant?
Is a professional qualified in the matters of health and safety in the workplace who helps businesses in ensuring they are compliant and follow the best practices in this area.
Each one of our Work Health and Safety Consultants have maintained at least Certified OHS Professional certification with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety and Exemplar Global as Lead Auditors across a range of safety topics including Hazardous Chemicals and Safety Management Systems.
What does a Work Health and Safety Consultant do?
Who needs Safety Consulting Services?
Sometimes it is about having another neutral person to bounce ideas off of to gauge the path forward.
What are the benefits of outsourcing WHS Services?
– Better safety and compliance – as a professional consulting firm we only employ consultants with proven track records. We do NOT pass our work on to other consultants so as to ensure we keep our reputation with our clients.
– Less stress – Consequently, having access to better advice, means you do not have to worry about health, safety and compliance matters as much, by comparison.
– Cost reduction – There are a number of overheads involved in maintaining in-house staff, especially in positions that are not always constantly required in your business. Outsourcing allows you to avoid those costs, by giving you access to professional consultants only when you need their help.
Why choose DRA Safety for your Safety Consulting needs?
Over time some clients have chosen to leave for a lower price only to return due to the service and quality out put we provide.
We can assist with an initial workplace audit
Our Work Health and Safety Consultants use a range of audit tools considering the level of compliance already at an organisation. We complete the job site audit to identify and assess the health and safety matters and concerns regarding several key areas of said site (where and as applicable):
• Health and Safety Policy
• Responsibility and Accountability Statements
• Sub-Contractors and Purchasing Controls
• Health and Safety Consultation
• Risk Management
• Provision of Information
• Staff Training
• Reporting and Investigation
• Emergency Planning
• Fire Evacuation Plan
• Emergency Equipment
• Traumatic Incident Response
• Workplace Specific Issues (as relevant)
• Electrical Equipment
• Hazardous Chemicals
• First Aid Facilities and Communicable Diseases
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Work at Height
• Ergonomic / Manual Handling
Once a suitable score is attained we generally move organisations to the National Self-Insurer OHS Audit Tool ordinarily used for organisations across Australia that self insure for workers compensation.
What types of Safety documentation can we also assist you with?
Our Work Health and Safety Consultants can assist your business with safety documentation development and improvements. Examples of commonly encountered Safety Documents , include:
– The documentation of WHS processes, procedures, and training programs
– Documentation of identified hazards, incidents and injuries
– Documentation of internal and external health and safety management reviews
– Records of meetings concerning workplace health and safety matters
– Documentation of internal safety standards and expectations