CEO, Safety Consultant
David Randall is the Managing Director of DRA Safety Specialists and has been involved in the Work Health and Safety Industry since 1990. He continues to provide Safety Consulting, WHS training and Safety auditing services to clients throughout Australia and overseas. With a Mechanical Engineering degree, Science Degree and Diploma of Management, Business and WHS.
Regional Representative of the Gold Coast Branch of the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS) since its inception in 1990 to the present day. Held the position of President of the AIHS (QLD &NT) in 2008-2011 and appointed to the Retail, Wholesale, Hospitality, Recreation and Other Services Industry Sector Standing Committee to represent the safety interests at the State level.
Currently a Government accredited Self Insurance auditor, and Exemplar Global Lead Auditor (OHS) and registered RPEQ Engineer for amusement rides and attractions. With membership to the Australian Amusement Leisure & Recreation Association working with leading providers in the amusement industry in Australia to promote benchmark quality standards in maintenance and safety.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree (Hons)
- Diploma of Management
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Maths / Physics)
- Lead Auditor – OHS (Exemplar Global14035)
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment (TAA40116)
- Fire Safety Adviser
- Diploma of Business
- Accredited Self Insurance Auditor 31981 – Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Justice of the Peace (Qual)
- Unrestricted Pilots Licence and RAA Licence
Professional Association Memberships
- Member of the Institution of Engineers, Australia and Chartered Professional Engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ 15736)
- Lifetime Member OHS Professional of the Safety Institute of Australia. (President QLD & NT Division 2008-2011)
- Member of the Industry Sector Standing Committee – Retail, Wholesale, Hospitality, Recreation and other Services since 2005
- Past member of the Rotary Club of Southport commencing in 1997 (President 2006-2007)
Sample of Achievements
- The development of online WHS Management Systems and Staff Induction programs.
- Conducted Compliance, Self Insurance and System Management Audits for clients as a regular part of a continuing consultancy or as a one off service.
- Provided expert witness service for a number of solicitors dealing with personal injury claims within workplaces.
- Provide regular Safety Consultant services to clients to assist them with the implementation of their WHS Management System, and provided ongoing risk management services and auditing to ensure compliance to the legislation.
- Assisted companies with their applications and management of Enforceable Undertakings in association with the Regulator.
- Speaker at National and International Conferences such as the Australian Safety Institute of Health and Safety, Institute of Hotel Engineers, ALAARA, IAAPA etc.
- Provide guidance and reporting to Boards of major corporations (Ardent Leisure) and Schools.
- Provide AS3533 auditing services and design verification, design registration services and annual inspections for amusement device operators (Village Theme Parks, Ardent Leisure, Merlin Entertainment Group, Adventure World.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.
What is a Safety Consultant?
Each one of our Safety Consultants have maintained at least Certified OHS Professional certification with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety and Exemplar Global as Lead Auditors across a range of safety topics including Hazardous Chemicals and Safety Management Systems.
What does a Safety Consultant do?
Who needs Safety Consulting Services?
Sometimes it is about having another neutral person to bounce ideas off of to gauge the path forward.
What are the benefits of outsourcing WHS Services?
– Better safety and compliance – as a professional consulting firm we only employ consultants with proven track records. We do NOT pass our work on to other consultants so as to ensure we keep our reputation with our clients.
– Less stress – Consequently, having access to better advice, means you do not have to worry about health, safety and compliance matters as much, by comparison.
– Cost reduction – There are a number of overheads involved in maintaining in-house staff, especially in positions that are not always constantly required in your business. Outsourcing allows you to avoid those costs, by giving you access to professional consultants only when you need their help.
Why choose DRA Safety for your Safety Consulting needs?
Over time some clients have chosen to leave for a lower price only to return due to the service and quality out put we provide.
We can assist with an initial workplace audit
• Health and Safety Policy
• Responsibility and Accountability Statements
• Sub-Contractors and Purchasing Controls
• Health and Safety Consultation
• Risk Management
• Provision of Information
• Staff Training
• Reporting and Investigation
• Emergency Planning
• Fire Evacuation Plan
• Emergency Equipment
• Traumatic Incident Response
• Workplace Specific Issues (as relevant)
• Electrical Equipment
• Hazardous Chemicals
• First Aid Facilities and Communicable Diseases
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Work at Height
• Ergonomic / Manual Handling
Once a suitable score is attained we generally move organisations to the National Self-Insurer OHS Audit Tool ordinarily used for organisations across Australia that self insure for workers compensation.
What types of Safety documentation can we also assist you with?
– The documentation of WHS processes, procedures, and training programs
– Documentation of identified hazards, incidents and injuries
– Documentation of internal and external health and safety management reviews
– Records of meetings concerning workplace health and safety matters
– Documentation of internal safety standards and expectations