Engineering Drone Services
DRA can provide safer, lower-cost options for inspections that need to be performed at height. By completely digitising your asset inspections, you’ll save time, reduce expenditure, and lower any risks to your staff.
The use of drone inspections has applications across a range of industries to assist with the observation and maintenance of vertical assets such as part of Amusement Device Inspections, outside of buildings and other external structures.
Background of Engineering Drone Services
DRA Engineers’ can complement their consultancy services through the use of state of the art cameras and technology. These devices are especially useful for recovering the positions of surface points quickly and efficiently. Orthomosaic maps, for example, help operators or responders understand a specific situation they’ll be facing and prepare themselves accordingly.
Detailed elevation models developed using digital surface model (DSM) and digital terrain models (DTM) illustrate elevations of the top of reflective surfaces accurately, such as facilities, infrastructure, landfills, and vegetation. These high-quality maps are practical for scientific, compliance, and commercial purposes such as water and liquids management modelling, O&M, troubleshooting, and due diligence support.
What our Engineering Drone Services can we do for your Business?
DRA have competent and qualified staff operate state-of-the-art Drone technology, which allows our Engineers to deliver cutting edge results with the greatest efficiency and cost effectiveness. Drone safety is key to our operations to ensure that our operations do not impact your business.
- Simple Aerial photography for aesthetics or information purposes.
- 3D Aerial Inspections to assist in future modelling.
- Installation and confirmation processes.
- Provision of records for historical use.
- Provide quality photographs as part of the Amusement Device Inspection
DRA have competent and qualified staff who operate our state-of-the-art drone technology. This provides our our Engineers with cutting edge results; greatest efficiency and cost effectiveness. All staff operate within the CASSA requirements for operating drones in Australia.
Using our 3D Aerial Inspection engineering Drones services we can inspect and assess your equipment and infrastructure condition in areas that are often difficult to reach areas. Our Engineering Drone Services are ideal for inspecting large fixed objects, such as amusement devices, buildings and other similar structures and workplace grounds.
We can collect your 3D data quickly, safely and with minimal financial investment. Unlike using helicopters, inflatable devices and EWPs or other more hazardous methods, our Engineering Drone Services are able to capture high-density photos from all angles and often impossible to be reached places for lack of access or safety reasons.
With the drones being operated by the Engineers, they are best equipped to identify and record the specific information required.
Benefits of Engineering Drone Services
The benefits of drones include:
– Digital surface modelling (DSM) depicts elevations of reflective surfaces, such as facilities, infrastructure, landfill, and vegetation.
– High-quality orthomosaic maps, digital terrain models (DTM), and waste volumetric information for owners, managers, engineers, and operators.
– Faster completion of surveys and inspections than when using a land vehicle.
– Reduction in labor costs, especially when regular site inspections are required over large or hard to navigate areas.
– Using drones instead of human labor to reduce risk at dangerous or difficult-to-navigate sites.
– Covering larger areas, faster at a fraction of the cost of alternatives and delivers information much quicker than traditional methods.
– Completing structural and area inspections making them a perfect tool for safe and cost-efficient structural inspections.
– Use of thermal imaging features with a fully stabilized FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) and regular camera, giving you live side-by-side feed of both the regular and thermal image. Inspect/Repair/Replace decision making made easier.
– Creating a textured model for a full 3D triangle mesh model with photorealistic texturing, perfect for sharing and online visualizations.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.
Key Engineering Personnel
Senior Engineering Consultant
Structural & Safety Engineering Consultant
Mechanical & Safety Engineering Consultant
Engineering Technical Assistant
What is a Drone?
Drones, also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) are one of the most advanced devices you can buy. Drones are made from light composite materials in order to increase flying maneuverability and flight time.
What is an Orthomosaic map?
Put simply, an orthomosaic is like Google Earth, but way sharper. It is a large, map-quality image with high detail and resolution made by combining many smaller images called orthophotos.
Are your drone operators licensed?
Yes our engineering drone service is operated by Qualified Engineers who are trained and licenced drone pilots.
Why should I use the DRA engineering drone service?
Using an engineer to control and use the drone is the most efficient way of doing surveys in most fields. It saves time, money and is more accurate when compared to traditional methods of ending a non qualified person into the field to take pictures. This process is also the safest considering your workers will not be put at risk to access the hard to reach areas.
How do engineering drone services benefit me?
Usually you would ask for a manual traffic count, or topographic survey, as an example. Now these can be completed using a drone. Quicker and with better editing and evidenced based data.
Can I save using scaffold or a cherry picker?
Absolutely. No need to use those any more. All inspections, and surveys can be carried out with a drone. It is safer, less time consuming and will save you a lot of fees.
How will I know my project will be safely surveyed?
We will carry out a full risk assessment and method statement for mode of working and agree it with you and other relevant parties, prior to commencing the work.
Are you and your operators insured?
Yes. Fully. and we can provide copies of insurance on request.
How will I know the drone operator is the right person for the job?
We will discuss who the drone operator will be and what their skills and qualifications are before you agree the work. We would never use a building inspector to carry out a traffic survey, for example.
Can I use drones for my project?
Call us, email us, or fill in our contact form, and we can contact you to discuss your requirements.