Engineering Drone Services
Engineering Drone Services by DRA provide safer and more cost-effective options for high-altitude inspections.
With our cutting-edge drone technology and qualified staff, we digitize your asset inspections, saving you time and reducing risks to your staff.
Our services have a wide range of applications in industries, including amusement device inspections, building inspections, and more.
Background of Engineering Drone Services
DRA Engineers’ can complement their consultancy services through the use of state-of-the-art cameras and technology. These devices are especially useful for recovering the positions of surface points quickly and efficiently. Orthomosaic maps, for example, help operators or responders understand a specific situation they’ll be facing and prepare themselves accordingly.
Detailed elevation models developed using digital surface model (DSM) and digital terrain models (DTM) illustrate elevations of the top of reflective surfaces accurately, such as facilities, infrastructure, landfills, and vegetation.
These high-quality maps are practical for scientific, compliance, and commercial purposes such as water and liquids management modelling, O&M, troubleshooting, and due diligence support.
What our Engineering Drone Services can we do for your Business?
DRA have competent and qualified staff operate state-of-the-art Drone technology, which allows our Engineers to deliver cutting edge results with the greatest efficiency and cost effectiveness. Drone safety is key to our operations to ensure that our operations do not impact your business.
– Simple Aerial photography for aesthetics or information purposes.
– 3D Aerial Inspections to assist in future modelling.
– Installation and confirmation processes.
– Provision of records for historical use.
– Provide quality photographs as part of the Amusement Device Inspection (Amusement Ride Inspections)
DRA have competent and qualified staff who operate our state-of-the-art drone technology. This provides our Engineers with cutting edge results, greatest efficiency and cost effectiveness. All staff operate within the CASA requirements for operating drones in Australia.
Using our 3D Aerial Inspection engineering Drones services, we can inspect and assess your equipment and infrastructure condition in areas that are often difficult to reach areas. Our Engineering Drone Services are ideal for inspecting large, fixed objects, such as amusement devices, buildings and other similar structures and workplace grounds.
We can collect your 3D data quickly, safely and with minimal financial investment. Unlike using helicopters, inflatable devices and EWPs or other more hazardous methods, our Engineering Drone Services are able to capture high-density photos from all angles and often impossible to be reached places for lack of access or safety reasons.
With the drones being operated by the Engineers, they are best equipped to identify and record the specific information required.
Benefits of Engineering Drone Services
The benefits of drones include:
– Digital surface modelling (DSM) depicts elevations of reflective surfaces, such as facilities, infrastructure, landfill, and vegetation.
– High-quality orthomosaic maps, digital terrain models (DTM), and waste volumetric information for owners, managers, engineers, and operators.
– Faster completion of surveys and inspections than when using a land vehicle.
– Reduction in labor costs, especially when regular site inspections are required over large or hard to navigate areas.
– Using drones instead of human labor to reduce risk at dangerous or difficult-to-navigate sites.
– Covering larger areas, faster at a fraction of the cost of alternatives and delivers information much quicker than traditional methods.
– Completing structural and area inspections making them a perfect tool for safe and cost-efficient structural inspections.
– Use of thermal imaging features with a fully stabilized FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) and regular camera, giving you live side-by-side feed of both the regular and thermal image. Inspect/Repair/Replace decision making made easier.
– Creating a textured model for a full 3D triangle mesh model with photorealistic texturing, perfect for sharing and online visualizations.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.
Key Engineering Personnel
Senior Engineering Consultant
Structural & Safety Engineering Consultant
Mechanical & Safety Engineering Consultant
Engineering Technical Assistant
Following are some questions that are asked relating to our Engineering Dones operations.
What is the purpose of using engineering drone services?
The purpose of using our engineering drone services is to provide aerial data collection and analysis for various engineering tasks and projects, including construction site surveys, infrastructure inspections, topographical mapping, and environmental monitoring. The use of drones can improve the efficiency, accuracy, and safety of these tasks compared to traditional methods.
How does our engineering drone technology differ from traditional inspection methods?
Our Engineering drone technology differs from traditional inspection methods in several ways:
– Accessibility: Drones can reach areas that are difficult or impossible to inspect with traditional methods, such as hard-to-reach rooftops, bridges, and towers.
– Speed: Drone inspections are faster and more efficient compared to traditional inspections, which can often involve scaffolding, ladders, and other equipment.
– Safety: Drone inspections reduce the need for workers to physically inspect hazardous areas, reducing the risk of injury and accidents.
– Cost-effectiveness: Drone inspections are often less expensive than traditional inspection methods, as they eliminate the need for specialised equipment, scaffolding, and labor.
– Data collection: Engineering drones can collect a variety of data and images, including high-resolution photos, thermal images, and 3D models. This information can be used to inform maintenance and repair decisions.
What industries can benefit from our engineering drone services?
Engineering drone services can benefit a variety of industries, including:
– Construction and building inspection.
– Energy and utility inspections (e.g. power lines, wind turbines, oil rigs).
– Mining and minerals exploration.
– Agriculture and crop monitoring.
– Environmental monitoring and mapping.
– Infrastructure inspections (e.g. bridges, roads, tunnels).
The benefits of using drones for inspections and surveys include increased efficiency, cost-effectiveness, safety, and accessibility compared to traditional inspection methods.
Can our drones be used to inspect hazardous or difficult-to-reach sites?
Yes, our drones can be used to inspect hazardous or difficult-to-reach sites as they provide a safe and efficient means of collecting data and conducting inspections in challenging environments. The use of drones eliminates the need for human inspection, reducing the risk of injury or death, and providing a cost-effective solution for inspecting hazardous or hard-to-reach locations.
What kind of data can be collected using our engineering drone services?
Engineering drone services can collect a variety of data including aerial photographs and videos, thermal imagery, topographical data, 3D mapping and modelling, and other forms of high-resolution imagery. This data can be used to perform inspections, surveys, and assessments of infrastructure, buildings, bridges, pipelines, transmission lines, and other assets. The data collected by drones can be used to create detailed reports and inform decision-making, maintenance planning, and risk management strategies.
How will the use of drones impact labor costs compared to traditional inspection methods?
The use of drones for inspections and surveys can significantly reduce labor costs compared to traditional inspection methods. Drones can cover large areas in a short amount of time and can easily access difficult-to-reach locations, reducing the need for scaffolding, cranes, and other labor-intensive equipment.
Additionally, drones can gather data more efficiently and accurately, reducing the need for manual data collection and minimising the risk of human error. Overall, using engineering drone services can result in cost savings, improved efficiency, and increased safety compared to traditional inspection methods.
How does DRA ensure the safety of its engineering drone operations?
DRA ensures the safety of its engineering drone operations by following strict industry standards and guidelines, such as those set by Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). This includes conducting regular risk assessments, ensuring that all drones and pilots are properly certified, following strict flight protocols, and having contingency plans in place for potential emergencies. DRA also invests in state-of-the-art technology and equipment, such as GPS and obstacle avoidance systems, to further enhance the safety of its drone operations.
Can engineering drone services provide real-time data and results?
Yes, our engineering drone services can provide real-time data and results by using advanced technology such as high-resolution cameras, sensors, and data transmission systems. This allows for real-time monitoring and analysis of sites, which can help speed up the inspection and decision-making processes.