Senior Health and Safety Consultant
Andrew is a Health and Safety Consultant with over thirty years extensive experience in workplace health and safety, environmental management, safety in design and construction. As a result of this exposure he has become skilled in assessing ergonomic working conditions, human resources mental health management and Return to Work coordination.
He provides specialist training, auditing and general safety consultancy services to the Construction, Education and general businesses.
As one of the Health and Safety Representative trainers, Andrew consistently provides an informative, thought provoking sessions. His past experiences in the real world assist him to clearly communicate the course content and expected outcomes. Participants provide feed back that the classroom activities are completed enthusiastically and engage all workers in the process. Participants normal way of thinking and looking at problems is challenged and questioned to assist thinking issues through and putting the knowledge and strategies learned in the training into practice.
Andrew has worked in the U.K., U.S.A, Africa and Australia with large local and international firms. For instance Fisher and Paykel, Fonterra, Penrite Oils, Unilever, the PG Group and Prudential. He worked as the National WHS and HR manager for QHDC Australia.
For the past ten years, Andrew worked with DRA and other companies as a Health and Safety Consultant with the emphasis on workplace health and safety. In addition Andrew has experience and qualifications in Mental Health offering guidance to organisations establishing these programs.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Advanced Diploma Occupational Health and Safety
- Diploma in Mental Health
- Advanced Diploma Environmental Manage
- Diploma in Human Resources
- Fire Safety Advisor
- Diploma of Business Management
- Construction White Card
- Advanced Diploma Architecture
- Cert III Security Operations
- Diploma of Business Management
- Advanced Diploma Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management
- Enterprise Risk Management and ISO 31000
- Principal Auditor Exemplar Global (121349)
- Diploma Change Management
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Workplace Health and Safety Officer
- Cert III Security Operations
Professional Association Memberships
- Australian Institute of Health and Safety Australia
- International Safety Quality Environment Management Association (ISQEM)
- Rotary Club of Southport (Qld)
Sample of Achievements
- Complete HSEQ Management Systems Audits for clients as a regular part of a continuing consultancy or as a one off service.
- Conducts WHS regulatory compliance audits.
- Design and implementation of WHS management systems.
- Creation of national health & safety and environmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments of work areas and manual handling tasks principally in the warehouse and manufacturing sectors.
- Provided expert witness service for cases involving environmental and pollution issues.
- Creation and implementation of induction manuals and training manuals.
- Trainer for RTO in Workplace Health and Safety courses and related subjects
Risk management and management training.
- Mental health management training.
We offer a range of health and safety courses, safety training and WHS consultancy services.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.
Some of the training Andrew and Mark provide, include
- Property Safety Inspections
- Work At Heights
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Response Fire
- Health and Safety representative refresher
- Health and Safety representative
- Internal Safety Systems Auditor
- Risk Management
- Workplace Noise Assessments
- Fire Safety Adviser Refresher
- Fire Safety Adviser
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Confined Space
- Work Health and Safety Officer
What is a Safety Consultant?
Each one of our Safety Consultants have maintained at least Certified OHS Professional certification with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety and Exemplar Global as Lead Auditors across a range of safety topics including Hazardous Chemicals and Safety Management Systems.
What does a Safety Consultant do?
Who needs Safety Consulting Services?
Sometimes it is about having another neutral person to bounce ideas off of to gauge the path forward.
What are the benefits of outsourcing WHS Services?
– Better safety and compliance – as a professional consulting firm we only employ consultants with proven track records. We do NOT pass our work on to other consultants so as to ensure we keep our reputation with our clients.
– Less stress – Consequently, having access to better advice, means you do not have to worry about health, safety and compliance matters as much, by comparison.
– Cost reduction – There are a number of overheads involved in maintaining in-house staff, especially in positions that are not always constantly required in your business. Outsourcing allows you to avoid those costs, by giving you access to professional consultants only when you need their help.
Why choose DRA Safety for your Safety Consulting needs?
Over time some clients have chosen to leave for a lower price only to return due to the service and quality out put we provide.
We can assist with an initial workplace audit?
• Health and Safety Policy
• Responsibility and Accountability Statements
• Sub-Contractors and Purchasing Controls
• Health and Safety Consultation
• Risk Management
• Provision of Information
• Staff Training
• Reporting and Investigation
• Emergency Planning
• Fire Evacuation Plan
• Emergency Equipment
• Traumatic Incident Response
• Workplace Specific Issues (as relevant)
• Electrical Equipment
• Hazardous Chemicals
• First Aid Facilities and Communicable Diseases
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Work at Height
• Ergonomic / Manual Handling
Once a suitable score is attained we generally move organisations to the National Self-Insurer OHS Audit Tool ordinarily used for organisations across Australia that self insure for workers compensation.
What types of Safety documentation can we also assist you with?
– The documentation of WHS processes, procedures, and training programs
– Documentation of identified hazards, incidents and injuries
– Documentation of internal and external health and safety management reviews
– Records of meetings concerning workplace health and safety matters
– Documentation of internal safety standards and expectations