Fire Warden and Chief Warden
This short course for Fire Warden and Chief Warden training builds on the National Competencies providing practical information instruction and training for
- PUAFER005 – Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
- PUAFER006 – Lead an Emergency Control Organisation
This course is to provide participants with the knowledge, training, and practical skills to effectively perform the role and responsibilities of workplace fire warden. The training is suitable for businesses who need staff to be trained as wardens to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage facility emergencies. This is a compliance requirement in Queensland under the Building Fire Safety Regulation.
At the completion of this training the participants will
- learn how to respond to a fire or other incident, raise the alarm and evacuate the facility occupants quickly and safely.
- understand the leadership skills required to act in the role of Chief Warden during an emergency requiring a coordinated response, including fire.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Preparing for workplace emergencies
- Communicating, controlling, and coordinating workplace emergency procedures
- Controlling the response to emergency reports, signals, and warnings
- Coordinating reports and results of the initial emergency response
- Concluding an incident
NOTE: Private courses can be customised and tailored by experienced and qualified Safety Consultants to suit your company needs (additional charges may apply).
For more information on this training please call us 07 5573 6199, contact us or peruse the other training courses on offer.
We have more information relating to the Fire Safety Adviser (full), Fire Safety Adviser (refresher) and First Response Fire Training for you to peruse if required.