First Response Fire Training
First Response Fire Training is mandatory in Queensland for business owners and occupants of a building to ensure the safety for all persons in the building. The Queensland Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008 requires first response be given to staff within one month of a person commencing work in the building and be repeated every two years. Evacuation training is to be provided within two days of commencing.
In reality this is no different in the other states and Territories however this is specifically defined in legislation. Therefore, it is important for your business to meet all fire safety requirements.
This is one of the courses from our suite of health and safety courses we have on offer being delivered by one of our safety consultants. Training is a key element of the businesses safety management system.
First Response Fire Training Overview
DRA provide a contextualised First Response Fire Training that staff can complete at your workplace and practice in the area that they work in. This training is designed to give your team the skills and knowledge they need to keep themselves, the workplace and the public safe from fire dangers and related hazards.
Our First Response Fire Training courses are led by a qualified Safety Consultant trained in fire and safety referring to the QFRS information for Building Owners and Occupiers.
This Risk Management Training is completed in house at your location, by a qualified Safety Consultant and can be amended to account for experienced or novice participants. For these bookings please contact our offices for a obligation free quote.
*travel costs may apply outside of the Gold Coast.
Training conducted by one of our experienced WHS industry practitioner with over 25 years of strong knowledge of fire safety.
Each Trainee Must
- Provide proof of being at least 18 years of age.
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
- Have the ability to read and write English.
First Response Fire Training Outline
This course is delivered face to face as a group discussion on,
– the fire triangle
– the dangers of fire
– what to do if there’s a fire
– classes of fire
– how to use a fire extinguisher and fire blanket
– hoses and reels.
The site specific training at your workplace includes having the workers identify:
– the location of the building’s escape routes (fire exits and pathways to an exit)
– a procedure for conducting members of the public to an exit and then to the designated assembly area (safe place)
– the process for checking of all rooms (including toilets) for people (after assessing the risk from smoke or fire)
– the location of fire-fighting equipment (fire extinguishers, fire blankets and fire hose reels)
– the location of fire alarms or equipment for warning of fire (if applicable).
DRA Safety Consultants have the experience, knowledge and training to service all of your training needs.
As a business owner or manager, you have a responsibility to ensure your staff understands the safety risks present within the workplace. You are also required to ensure that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle a potentially dangerous situation. Training can prepare your staff by enabling them to prevent or safely respond to dangerous situations.
We can provide your staff with general training and can also work with you to develop a training program specifically addressing the needs of your staff. Whether it’s, Fire Evacuation Training or First Response (extinguisher) Training, our Safety Consultant can work with you for an effective outcome.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.