Internal Safety Auditor Training
This Internal Safety Auditor Training course is used to develop the skills to conduct and compile internal audits of safety management systems.
This training has been designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of their organisations work health and safety management system.
Internal Safety Auditor Training Overview
The purpose of this Internal Safety Auditor Training course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to conduct an internal health and safety management system audit. This will assist in evaluating an organisation’s arrangements for identifying hazards, assessing and controlling risks and monitoring and improving the effectiveness of the management of WHS.
Participants will also be provided with knowledge of safety management system standards, and specifically, auditing against a standard.
The National Self Insurance Audit Tool has been used for this training as it relates more closely to the requirements for WHS Management. This will course provide participants with a board understanding of the processes for internal audits and can be easily applied to other standards such as the International standard ISO 45001.
This Internal Safety Auditor Training course is designed for people who have managerial responsibilities for their organisation’s WHS Management system and/or are responsible for managing, monitoring and auditing the performance of the system. It is also designed for health and safety practitioners who have been or will become involved in audits, second party (i.e. vendor) audits and/or third-party audits.
The course focuses on developing the knowledge and practical skills of participants in the principals and practices of auditing the performance of WHS Management Systems.
This WHS training is completed in house at your location and can be amended to account for experienced or novice participants. For these bookings please contact our offices for a obligation free quote.
*travel costs may apply outside of the Gold Coast.
We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training, with face to face training conducted by experienced industry experts.
Each Trainee Must
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote on any of our services.
Internal Safety Auditor Training Course Outline
On completion of this training you will be able to:
– Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management systems.
– Explain the principles, process and selected techniques used for the assignment and management of occupational health & safety aspects and impacts, including the significance of these for auditors
– Plan and prepare for an internal audit, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records
– Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system
– Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
To successfully complete the training students must successfully complete all in class assessments, including end of day knowledge checks and at work assignments.
What standards are relevant to this course?
National Self Insurer WHS Audit Tool (NAT CTH), User Workbook, version 3
Who is the trainer for the course?
All of our trainers are certified and qualified with over 25 years WHS industry experience.