This Asbestos Awareness training is a short course designed for workers and managers who need an understanding of dealing with asbestos in the workplace.
– That may encounter asbestos or asbestos containing materials in their workplace
– To ensure that they remain safe while on-site
– Wanting to ensure their skills and knowledge are current and up to date with the latest industry standards
– Needing to ensure staff who may come in contact with asbestos or asbestos containing materials in their normal course of work are appropriately trained as required by the WHS Legislation.
At the completion of this course the participants will be able to:
– Understand the risks posed by asbestos
– Identify potential sources of asbestos in the workplace
– Understand the WHS legislation requirements regarding asbestos management in the workplace, including availability of an asbestos register
– Work safely in areas where asbestos and ACM are present
NOTE: Private courses can be customised and tailored by experienced and qualified Safety Consultants to suit your company needs (additional charges may apply).