Persons who are to complete a number of activities that relate to high risk construction work, must develop a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS). Refer WHS Regs s291
The SWMS must state:
- the hazards relating to the high risk construction work and risks to health and safety associated with those hazards; and
- describe the measures to be implemented to control the risks; and
- describe how the control measures are to be implemented, monitored and reviewed.
The document must be prepared taking into account all relevant matters including:
- circumstances at the workplace that may affect the way in which the high risk construction work is carried out; and
- if the high risk construction work is carried out in connection with a construction project—the WHS management plan that has been prepared for the workplace; and
- be set out and expressed in a way that is readily accessible and understandable to persons who use it.